Sign up to get inspiration sent to your email inbox!!

Thursday, February 2, 2017

Hello, Sunshine!

Good morning! We are in the throes of packing up our old house and painting at our new house right now, and so I haven't been able to get into my craft room quite as much as I'd like lately. I have just been sneaking a few minutes at the end of the day, trying to use some of my new products, since my New Year's Resolution was not to buy anything new until I had made 20 cards with my previously-unused products! It's taking quite a bit longer than I thought....

Anyway, this Botanic Hello stamp set from Mama Elephant immediately grabbed my attention...  Just begging to be watercolored. I had teal, sunny yellow, and gray colored pencils out on my desk for a different project and thought what a pretty and unusual color combination! Since I only get snatches of time to play at my desk, I decided to reach for my Zig markers instead, since they are definitely a speedier coloring method. 


I started by heat embossing the beautiful focal image from the Botanic Hello set onto some Canson Montval watercolor paper. I love this paper because you can manipulate the color, adding and taking away layers of color while using lots of water, and do so without pilling the paper. I colored the flowers with a pretty yellow, then added some darker orange to the centers and pulled out the color with my wet paintbrush. I then colored the leaves with the pretty turquoise and added gray to the word "hello," then fussy cut the entire image. 


For the card base, I used an A2 panel of pretty coordinating turquoise card stock and stamped the corners with the floral edges of the "Hello" stamp using some turquoise ink for a tone-on-tone look. After I had finished stamping the turquoise panel, I popped up my fussy cut image with dimensional adhesive, then I added a few sequins here and there for a bit of sparkle. I wish I had added some Spectrum Noir Shimmer pen to the letters, just to add a bit more dimension, but oh well. 

I have one other project that I have created to show you before the big move officially begins and my craft supplies are boxed up (wah!) until the house is somewhat in order. I will be back this weekend with that post! Hope you all have a marvelous day! Thanks for stopping by, friends! 

1 comment: