Thursday, February 2, 2017

Hello, Sunshine!

Good morning! We are in the throes of packing up our old house and painting at our new house right now, and so I haven't been able to get into my craft room quite as much as I'd like lately. I have just been sneaking a few minutes at the end of the day, trying to use some of my new products, since my New Year's Resolution was not to buy anything new until I had made 20 cards with my previously-unused products! It's taking quite a bit longer than I thought....

Anyway, this Botanic Hello stamp set from Mama Elephant immediately grabbed my attention...  Just begging to be watercolored. I had teal, sunny yellow, and gray colored pencils out on my desk for a different project and thought what a pretty and unusual color combination! Since I only get snatches of time to play at my desk, I decided to reach for my Zig markers instead, since they are definitely a speedier coloring method. 


I started by heat embossing the beautiful focal image from the Botanic Hello set onto some Canson Montval watercolor paper. I love this paper because you can manipulate the color, adding and taking away layers of color while using lots of water, and do so without pilling the paper. I colored the flowers with a pretty yellow, then added some darker orange to the centers and pulled out the color with my wet paintbrush. I then colored the leaves with the pretty turquoise and added gray to the word "hello," then fussy cut the entire image. 


For the card base, I used an A2 panel of pretty coordinating turquoise card stock and stamped the corners with the floral edges of the "Hello" stamp using some turquoise ink for a tone-on-tone look. After I had finished stamping the turquoise panel, I popped up my fussy cut image with dimensional adhesive, then I added a few sequins here and there for a bit of sparkle. I wish I had added some Spectrum Noir Shimmer pen to the letters, just to add a bit more dimension, but oh well. 

I have one other project that I have created to show you before the big move officially begins and my craft supplies are boxed up (wah!) until the house is somewhat in order. I will be back this weekend with that post! Hope you all have a marvelous day! Thanks for stopping by, friends! 

1 comment: