Monday, December 19, 2016

Joy to the World: C9 style

Something about the designs from Concord and 9th bring out my inner clean-and-simple gal. White space and C9 designs seem to go hand in hand in my mind's eye... This tag and card set are no exception. Simple design, lots of white space, just a hint of sparkle. Sounds good to me! 



For some reason, I struggle with tags. This was one of my rejected projects for the 25 Days of Christmas Tags blog hop... I liked it, but I wanted to come up with something a little different, so I saved this for a different day. I started by using the Bags and Tags die set to create a little square tag with a rounded edge. Then, I used the JOY die to die cut at an angle, then added the " 'tis the season" from the coordinating stamp set in bright red ink beneath the negative die cut space. I adhered a piece of acetate behind the die cut, then placed foam tape all around the die cut word. I filled it up with a holiday shaker mix from Lucy Abrams, then backed it with a piece of red card stock. I added some gray twine and a bow at the top and decided to stop messing with it for fear that I would mess it up!   


The coordinating card has a similar process and color scheme. I simply started with a panel of white card stock and die cut the JOY from the center. (I used my T-ruler to line the die up and ensure that it was straight.) I finished off the sentiment using the Perfectly Penned stamp set... I love the juxtaposition of the simple font of the JOY paired with the flourish-y, fancy calligraphy. I added some snowflakes stamped in Silver Delicata ink to add a little interest to the front panel. I backed the die cut panel with acetate again, then filled it with the same Vintage Christmas shaker mix. The final touch was to add a panel of red card stock just slightly smaller to the A2 panel to frame the die cut panel. 


Well, what do you think? Clean and simple, a bit of a change from my normal fussy watercolored projects. :) I have a few more holiday projects to share with you this week before Christmas, so I will be back later! Hope you all have a wonderful, productive week! (Especially if you're still trying to get Christmas cards out... I'm working on finishing up making a few gifts. Yikes!) Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment