Thursday, October 20, 2016

The Christmas onslaught...

...And so it begins. I have been sporadically working on holiday cards for the last couple of months, but now that we're well into October, I'm really in full-blown holiday mode. The onslaught of holiday blog posts has begun.
For the last few weeks, I have been unable to make anything but card sets when I sit down at my desk. I figure, if I'm going to have my MISTI set up to stamp, I might as well stamp a bunch of die cuts. Today's project is a set of 4 cards. (My apologies for the slight fuzzieness of my photos... not sure what's going on with my resolution of my pictures.) 


These cards are an homage to the Papertrey Ink Make It Market kits... I used two of them for these cards. I started by stamping the mailbox from the new Post and Parcel kit using Pure Poppy, along with the ornament and candy cane foliage arrangement using New Leaf and Pure Poppy. (I used all PTI inks for these projects.) I did stamp the mailbox post with the Woodgrain Background from Concord and 9th using the new Rich Cocoa ink. 


I then stamped the frame from the Don't Forget To Write kit in Pure Poppy and New Leaf inks. This frame works beautifully for a sort of grounding image so that my mailbox wasn't just kinda floating out in mid-air on my card front. 


The greeting is from the PTI Christmas Cheer stamp and die set. I stamped the "sending" and "greetings" onto some thin strips of white card stock using Smokey Shadow ink, and the "Holiday" was die cut from silver foil. I popped up the frame, mailbox, and post with dimensional adhesive, then added the greeting over the top. The "sending" is tucked nicely in the little slot for the mailbox. (Love all of the clever details included in these Make It Market kits!) 

Well, that's all for me today. Hope you're ready for lots more holiday cards!! :) Have a great day, friends! 

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Love the cards, like always. Love PTI, like always. Will case this card, like always.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love PTI! I ordered this one too! Love what you've done! I need to get cranking!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are beautiful and I happen to have both of those kits. I love your take on this!

    ReplyDelete