Saturday, April 16, 2016

Sending Peonies and Sympathy

Hello, friends! I feel like I neglect my blog when there's not a release for The Ton in the works, so I thought I'd remedy that with a few projects that I didn't get to share during the spring release festivities.

Today's project uses the stunning new set Sending Peonies. I am so grateful that Effie designed these "bouquet" stamps for us, because this way, there's no masking needed to create a beautiful cluster of blooms! Just stamp and go. I started by stamping the large cluster in the corners of an A2 sized panel of watercolor card stock using Copper embossing powder from Hero Arts. I am not really sick of pink peonies, (how could one ever get sick of pink peonies?) but I did want to do something a little different, so I decided to stick with a fairly monochromatic color scheme and color these peonies a very, very pale shade of peach and coral. I think the oranges are perfect with the copper embossing powder. I used a warm gray Zig marker to outline the bouquets, then spread the color with my wet paint brush so that it gradually faded away. I used a lovely With Sympathy die from Lil' Inker Designs to cut some chocolate brown card stock, which I then covered in Glossy Accents to add a little textural contrast to the card front. The final step was to add a border, cut from the Pretty Frame Die from Papertrey Ink using cocoa brown glitter paper that I had in my stash. Fairly simple, very flat and easily mailed, but would hopefully bring a smile to the recipient's face. 


Well, that's all for me today! I will be back soon with some more projects that I've been working on. Have a fantastic weekend! 

1 comment: