Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Glitter, glitter, everywhere....

But it's so worth it!!!

Hello there! Are you feeling the Christmas crunch yet?! I know I am...

Today's card makes me so happy. As I've been stuffing and assembling my holiday cards to send out this year, I've  noticed that a lot of my cards have very non-traditional color schemes. This card is no exception. I love those vintage ornaments with the pinks, blues, silvers, and golds. (Did anybody else hear "Silver and Gold" from Rudolph in their heads? Just me? Okay.) I looooove glitter, love sparkle, but I absolutely abhor the mess they create. But this idea was too insistent in my brain to be ignored.

To start, I stamped my pale pink card base with a Hero Arts background stamp using The Ton's new Hollywood Star Couture Color Dye Ink. I love tone-on-tone backgrounds. They're so subtly elegant, but still add some interest to a large expanse of space. I then used my ink blending tool to blend around the edge with first the Hollywood Star, then Pink Cosmopolitan Hybrid around the very edges. 


My next step was to create the ornament. I placed Scor Tape all over a piece of card stock, then die cut it using the solid ornament from PTI's Ornament Shaker die set. After die cutting, I peeled off the release paper from the Scor Tape, then used silver, light pink, medium pink, and a reddish pink glitter (from the Martha Stewart glitter pack) to create an ombre effect. (Can I just say how crazy sparkly this is in real life? The photos just don't do it justice.) For the greeting, I die cut Christmas from super shiny silver foil card stock. I stamped the "merry" and "and a happy New Year" sentiments on strips of white card stock, then flagged the ends and did some ink blending with the same pinks as on the edge of the card base, concentrating the darker color on the ends. 



The final step was to add color to a length of silk ribbon with a Copic (I'm sorry, I don't remember which one!) and attach it to the top of the ornament. Isn't this card just so pretty and sparkly?! It's going to be sent to my voice teacher from my Master's Program. I always try to send her my prettiest and most feminine cards, since I know she loves them. I'd say this pink, pink, and pinker number fits that bill lol!

I hope you all enjoyed this card! I am hoping that my cards will arrive before Christmas, but if they don't, I suppose I have a good excuse, eh? Have a wonderful holiday, friends! 

2 comments: