Wednesday, April 25, 2012

PTI Blog Hop

Well, it's the 25th of the month, which means the PTI Blog Hop is here!




I needed to make an anniversary card for a friend, so I made a couple of options. Both were inspired by the blog hop inspiration photo:
I absolutely am in LOVE with this color combination. I translated it to Spring Rain, Hibiscus Burst, and Sweet Blush. My bedspread happens to look like the fabric second from the bottom, and I'm thinking about making coordinating wall decor. (Won't my hubs be thrilled?)

Anyway, here is my take on the challenge photo:



I used some white shimmer paper that I got at Joann's to create the quatrefoil cover panel, along with Rosie Posie die cuts, stamped on Sweet Blush with Hibiscus Burst ink. I added some shading to the interior of the Rosie Posie flowers and around the "You" with a Sakura Stardust pen, which you can't see too well in the photos, but looks lovely in real life.

I wish I had Rosie Posie dies in an even bigger size! I want to use them to make some wall hangings for the bedroom....

Thanks for stopping by!!! :) I'll be back with Part II of my inspiration pieces.

Supplies Used (All PTI unless otherwise noted):
Sweet Blush, Hibiscus Burst, Spring Moss, Spring Rain cardstock
Rosie Posie and dies
Simply You
Happy Day
BB: Polka Dots
Limitless Layers 3 1/2 inch oval dies
Quatrefoil die
Turning a New Leaf dies
Hibiscus Burst, Spring Rain, Enchanted Evening, Blueberry Sky, Raspberry Fizz ink
Coredinations Shimmer cardstock
Petal Pink Ranger Liquid Pearls
Sakura Stardust pen

5 comments:

  1. So beautiful! I love the colors and layering!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card, love the quatrefoil.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow...this is just so pretty! Such a unique color combo, and I love how you stamped the rosies on the inside too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the little pearls on the quatrefoil! Great colours!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job Emily! I know Molly will love it! Thank you my friend.

    ReplyDelete